This Monday, 11/19/2012 we will be having a joint meeting with the physician assistant club. We will be teaching how to take vital sign and talking about the application of vitals in clinical practice!
10/22/2012 students that transfered into the UCI nursing program will be our guest speakers and talk about the prerequisites and actual transfer process!
1. Breakthrough to nursing - firstname.lastname@example.org
2. UCI Outreach- stacy waung, omeid
3. Great Park - email@example.com
4. Health Train- firstname.lastname@example.org
1. poster making
2. nursing career planning guide:
3. 5k marathon
Look out for:
week 4 *NEXT GENERAL MEETING!!! 10/22 5PM PSCB 140*
and Milkshake Monday after meeting
week 5 chocolate covered strawberries fundraiser
Hello anteaters! at our first general meeting we played a
fun activity answer the questions of what nursing exactly is.
Charlotte, our guest speaker, also did a wonderful job relaying
her experiences as a student, new grad, and being an RN.
We also brushed up on volunteer opportunities to help everyone
get a jump start in healthcare.
Next Monday, we changing the meeting location and time due to elections! It will be at 5PM, Pacific Ballroom D. If you are at all interested in a nursing leadership position, do NOT miss this opportunity to run, or support the candidates. Here are the positions:
Breakthrough to Nursing Representative
Please prepare a 3-4min speech for the election and submit an application on this google doc (page 5) to John Alejandro at email@example.com.
Hope to see you on board!
Come enjoy food and your NSSA buddies at our 4pm meeting at Moss Cove B! Whether or not you decide to contribute to our potluck, stop by, hang out, and listen to our announcements. Just a heads up, one crucial topic to cover is upcoming elections for the next school year!!
See ya there!
The theme of this week’s meeting is: Get Involved. We will have
1. A representative from HOAG Hospital’s Clinical Care Extender program telling you how to apply for the program,
2. Q+A with a current CCE volunteer (while being a 3rd year nursing student!)
3. Information on the UCI Outreach Clinic presented by Breakthrough to Nursing board member Erin
4. and last but not least, more information on upcoming events and time to socialize with other members and the board!
See you there!
Hey NSSA members!
Here’s a quick update on the exciting events we have this quarter in chronological order:
- NSSA HEALTH FAIR: 2/22 10-2pm across from Starbucks on Ring Road! Check out our fb page to learn more.
- Leadership Conference: 2/25 9-4pm. Sign up here and learn invaluable leadership skills to take with you for a lifetime.
- THRIVE health fair: 2/25 10-2pm. UCI pharm Sci office is hosting a health fair as well, and they are asking for our support! We will join American Heart Association, Phi Delta Episilon, Pre-pharmacy Society, etc. with a booth at Golden Creek Atria Senior Living on Senior Health and Fitness. Carpools are provided! If interested, sign up here.
- NSSA Triage Video Shoot: Actors and script writers are needed! This is open to all NSSA members; contact John Alejandro (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Erin Taketomo (email@example.com) for more details.
Hope to receive your involvement and support!